This article will detail how to deactivate your resident account registered with SeeClickFix. You will need to go through the steps, as the organization cannot deactivate your account for you.
Before you deactivate your account, please consider the following:
- Your display name does not have to be personally identifying and can be edited so your identity remains anonymous. We will never post your email address on a public site.
- You may update/change any of the following by accessing your Account Preferences:
- Display name (You may opt to create a display name that is non personally identifying such as ‘Concerned Resident’, ‘Helpful Neighbor’, etc.)
- Avatar (a public-facing image associated with your account)
- Home location (not a physical address; should be a town and/or state/province, etc.)
- Time zone
- Links to your social media accounts on Twitter and/or Facebook
- Sign in to your user account through the SeeClickFix/Local Government app
- Navigate to your Profile
- Select Manage Account
- Select Request Account Deactivation
- Confirm the deactivation request via the SeeClickFix Account Deactivation Email
- Sign in to your user account at www.seeclickfix.com
- Navigate to your Account Preferences
- Under General Preferences, select Request Account Deactivation
- Confirm the deactivation request via the SeeClickFix Account Deactivation Email sent to the email associated with the account
The account display name and all system-generated emails to the associated email address will be blocked and the account will be deactivated. Your user-Provided Content will remain publicly available indefinitely and in the possession of our partners and Third Parties, per Section 8, Paragraph 2 of our Terms of Service.