The Map and List views within the Issues tab allow you to browse issues in your area by first narrowing the area you view on the map and then by providing more details about those specific issues in the list. This allows you to view issues in greater detail in the areas that matter most to you.
The Issues TabOpening the issues tab for the first time will give you an introduction stating that using the Issues tab is for browsing Nearby Issues. Tap on Get Engaged to begin.
Upon opening the Issues tab for the first time, our app will want to know where you are to show you relevant issues on the map. Give our app permissions to detect your location by tapping Allow.
The Map View within the Issues tab allows you to browse issues using an area map.
Using the Map View
- Move the map and the app will show you issues in that area.
- Pinch to zoom out and in to view issues in a larger or smaller area.
- Tap on a pin to view that issue in greater detail
Using the List ViewThe List View within the Issues tab allows you to view the issues present on the Map View in more detail.
- Scroll to view more issues
- Tap on an issue to view that issue in more detail
Filtering IssuesTapping Filter in the top right-hand corner when in the Map or List View allows the displayed issues to be narrowed down.
- Search Issues - This field allows you to add any search term (i.e. Pothole or Trash) to narrow results.
- Sort By - When viewing issues within the List View, you can have them display, by Proximity to your location, the number of Votes, or how recently it was created, Newest.
- Narrow Results By Status - Toggle on or off the statuses you wish to include in your search.
Search for a different locationTo search for an area to browse, tap the Pin icon in the top left-hand corner, type in the name of a new location, and select the appropriate location.
Interacting with an IssueAfter tapping to view an issue in more detail, you can perform a few actions to participate.
- Leave a Comment: Tap on the Comment icon in the bottom left-hand corner or scroll to the bottom and tap on the text field to comment
- Add a Photo: Tap “Add a Photo” if you wish to add an image to comment on the issue
- Vote: Tap the wrench heart icon along the bottom navigation to indicate that you want to see this issue.
- Flag: If an issue needs to be sent to our moderations team for review, tap the three dots to flag the issue.