Creating a Watch Area allows users to follow areas and be notified when issues are reported, commented, and acted upon within an area.
Who can create watch areas?
All users can access this feature.
What is a Watch Area?
A Watch Area is a way for anyone to be notified when issues are reported or acted on within a specific area. This allows users to stay involved in their communities or for elected officials to get a sense of what things are being reported by their constituencies.
How to Create a New Watch Area
- Navigate to www.seeclickfix.com and login to your account
- Click on Watch Areas across the top of the Place Page
- Click Create a Watch Area and then select whether you wish to create one for yourself, a public official, or draw one by hand
- For yourself: The boundaries of the Watch Area will mirror the boundaries for your city or town.
- Draw by Hand: You will create your watch area by clicking on points on the map. The boundaries automatically connect.
- Then, give it a title, input email address(es) for notifications, and select keywords that you would like to target for this Watch Area. Keywords are optional.
- Click Create Watch Area after finalizing all of the details!